Friday, 18 December 2015

Guest Designer: SARA EMILY aka sarascloset

Hi there!

We have a special guest here with us today! We have invited the lovely and beautifully talented Sara Emily aka sarascloset to guest design for us today!

*****


Hello! My name is Sara Emily, otherwise known as sarascloset, which is my blog name and also where I do most of my crafting. I live in Wilmington, North Carolina in the USA, just minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast. I am married and have 17 year old boy/girl twins and boy/girl twin kitties!

I’ve dabbled in many crafts from stain glass to up cycling discarded furniture and handcrafting the occasional Christmas ornament. I’ve even given a variety of art mediums a try in high school and college. When my sister became seriously ill several years ago, I promised her a homemade card every day until she was better. I made and sent her a daily handmade card for about 18 months without fail. So, I’ve had lots of practice and love making cards!

I’ve loved mixed media even before I knew what it was called, and I love to experiment with products I already have on hand. I’ll try anything once, twice if I like it!


Thank you, Ingrid and the entire talented Design team for inviting me to spend the day with you today! It was so much fun!

*****

Sara Emily joined the fun and made a beautiful project to coincide with our current challenge...





This is absolutely stunning, Sara Emily! I love the gorgeous snowflakes, the colours and textures are out of this world and I am very grateful that you agreed to join us here today and shared your amazing talent with us. We love your work and hope you can visit us again soon! 

Big hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 

& DT xxx 

10 comments:

  1. Sara Emily, this is spectacular! Wow, what a treat for MMW viewers! Can't wait to read all the inky details on your blog. What a super post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A huge thank you hug to Ingrid and the Design Team for allowing me to join you today! I had a blast making this card, and trying to work through my color blindness! Ha! Ha! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful structure and wintery feeling, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great pleasure to see you, Sara, today here as a GDT! Wonderful post and absolutely beautiful card, my friend! Hugs! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card! Great textures and metallic tones. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of us who have followed Sara Emily, we know how very talented she is! Not only is she talented but as very sweet lady. I should have known a fellow North Carolinian when I met one.
    Beautiful card - full of glitz and glitter!
    Merry Christmas Y'all!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely fabulous card full of texture detail , gorgoeus colours and snowflakes - all faves of mine . Gongrats Sara Emily on your Gd spot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - the colors go so perfectly with the Mixed Media World December Inspiration Board Sara. How fabulous are these chunky snowflakes???? Well - SUPER DUPER FAB in my estimation! So fun to see the use of something besides white/silver/gold for snowflakes. GREAT IMAGINATION and WONDERFUL INSPIRATION. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x