Sunday, 7 June 2015

Star Designer #3: Marta Lapkowska

Hi there!

Another week's passed and we're getting close to the finishing line with our challenge 'Vintage'. 3 more days to play so join in! I'm here to welcome another fabulous Star Designer though and I know how excited you get so lets get to it ;)



We had Seth Apter and Marjie Kemper last month. I very much enjoyed Seth's gorgeous vintage art and Marjie's colourful journaling. As you know, mixed media art comes in many forms and styles and today I'd like to introduce....



...who designs for FinnabairLindy's Stamp GangMy Creative Scrapbook, is currently a Video Educator for Blue Fern Studios and in my opinion is perfect for the job, because her shabby chic style is out of this world and the way this girl creates texture and combines them with colour is awesome! So if you like this style Marta has a lot to offer and you can learn a lot from her. I have been Marta's YouTube follower for some time now and absolutely adore watching her work and create her masterpieces. I don't scrapbook, but every time I watch Marta creating one of her layouts I feel like getting my supplies out and play! 

Today's post is packed with creative goodness so read on....!



We have a little treat for you! Georgie worked hard and put together a few questions (Thank you, Sweetness!) and Marta kindly answered them specially for you! That's right! An exclusive interview just for you so you can find out a little bit more about Marta. Here it goes....

What inspires you most to create? / Where does your inspiration come from?- will it sound boring if I say EVERYTHING? Well... but this is true. I find inspiration in everyday life, in the music that I hear, in the art of my fellow crafters...
Pinterest... new craft products...colour combos... in challenging myself by creating out of my comfort zone... even my 7 years old daughter inspires me with her ideas!... inspiration is everywhere... I often use my phone to catch my inspiration on the photograph

Do you pre plan your pieces, or are they often the result of just 'going with the flow'?- somehow I always have a vision. There is this picture in my head just for split second...and then it's gone... a picture of finished make. It looks like I know where I am going while creating but that necessary does't mean my finished work will remind of my vision.

What is your favourite medium to work with?- sprays for sure... variety of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays is allowing me to make some spectacular colour combos... working with liquid can create unexpected results and this is what I love the most

Do you have a tool which you couldn't live without?- I don't have a craft tool like that but... I see my phone as my most important tool, does it count? :)
- I treat it as my visual diary

What's your craft space like?- white everywhere, with huge table... lots storage... great big window... it's my heaven, my hideout! ... And it's always messy, but it's controlled mess. I feel that my craft space must be calm and relaxing... being in opposition to my very busy head full of colours and ideas!

Do you have a favourite colour combo?- probably rusted teal or anything with black ;)

What is your favourite creation to date?- ooooh so hard to pick only one! Let’s say a series of my mini mixed media canvases

​If you wish to see how I created some of those canvases please be sure to check out my YouTube channel here :) You will find many mixed media video tutorials.

But... those who know me can tell that my biggest love is art journaling.​ Freedom of creating in journals... oooohh this is what I like, no limits, no restrictions, no rules... page after page.

For this occasion, to say thank you for having me here I made a journal page. You can see my mixed media background using sprays.



I also created a full VIDEO tutorial for you guys.
I hope you will enjoy it!



Love, Marta xx

Did I say this post was awesome?! :) I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. 

I'd like to thank Marta for being a star joining us here today and for creating a special piece for our blog! I do hope you can keep in touch ;) THANK YOU! x

I'd also like to thank you, dear crafty soul out there! I hope you are feeling inspired and can join us for our next challenge which start next Sunday!! Whooohoooo! Can't wait! 

Have a great day! Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 

18 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Marta, it's great to see her here. Gorgeous piece, I'm off to watch the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is gorgeous Marta! I have always admired your creativity...glad to know you a lil better :)
    Gorgeous crartion as always and thank you for the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that's great Martha!!! WOW is a winner that you say YES :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marta - your journal pages always inspire - and they are always beautiful and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your art work!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it The beauty of this mixed media work is in its dribs and drabs and sprays and shapes. Inspiration at its best. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it of course! Your work is always stunning! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very talented Lady ..I love all her different creations and her videos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Marta's work and the video is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Marta, great video!! Thank you so much for creating this for MMW. Your journal page is amazing, the video is incredible to watch... and I spy a new stamp set that I need in my life lol
    Ingrid, you're very welcome hun
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Marta my friend...you have lots of awesomeness! Congratulations and well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :-) je connais Marta , bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I absolutely adore Marta's work, she is so talented and so generous in sharing her fabulous makes through her videos!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marta is amazing! I have followed her for some time & am in the enviable position to also call her my friend!
    Her mixed media talent is brilliant, her canvases are inspired, unique & the right side of quirky. Her ability with layouts always catches me unawares because they combine superb placement, the right embellies, colour combos that seem made for her focal picture & so much more. Her biggest asset is her generosity! Marta never seems to stop creating (I still don't know how she manages) & yet she shares it all with us via her blog, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook & other cyberland places. But her generosity extends beyond even that as she's always happy to help others & her support is immense! I am lucky to have found her & I know her success will continue to grow, beyond her dreams! All I wish is that her abilities would magically transfer to me through the screen!? Lol. Tfs. Caroline. :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful to learn more about Marta. Thank you for the feature and the video!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful interview and thank you so much for the video Marta!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was just a wonderful surprise today. I have always loved Marta. FABULOUS tutorial video Marta and SUCH a unique art journal creation - I love it. The best part was the questions. Thank you Georgie for doing those and to Marta for sharing. I love sprays too!!! Thanks bunches for this great post - just what I needed to feel inspired! j.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marta is one of the best artist in mixed media I know...love her!
    Thanks for featuring her here, very nice interview.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x