Sunday, 3 May 2015

Star Designer #2: MARJIE KEMPER

Hello! 

Calling all mixed media and art journaling enthusiasts! Super-exciting contents right here right now! :) 

Before I proceed to introduce our wonderful Star Designer I'd like to welcome our new followers. Thank you for joining us here! I hope you will enjoy the ride! 

We have had so many wonderful entries for our Bright Colours challenge! Oh, it will be a tough one to choose our Winner and our Fab 3! The challenge will be up for a few more days so have a good craft up and link up your masterpiece HERE


Last month it was the super-talented Seth Apter who kindly agreed to join us. Your response was amazing and I sensed a lot of excitement. It really was heart warming to read your comments. Some of you appreciated the introduction of a well-known artist, some already were familiar with Seth's work. I am certainly enjoying the collaboration and there is more to come so stay tuned! 

Today, I have a pleasure of introducing the oh-so talented ...


  

Marjie once kindly featured my 'Dragonfly' artwork on her blog for her Tuesday's Texture series. As you know I love creating texture so I am a big fan of the series. I'm always amazed by the makes featured. There truly is so much talent out there and thanks to Marjie and to my delight I'm yet to discover many more texture loving people. I would like to invite you to explore Marjie's blog. There is so much treasure to be discovered! 
You will notice that this lovely lady is a Certified Ranger Educator and a Designer Member of the Craft & Hobby Association which speaks for itself. There are a number of publications proudly featuring Marjie's work too!
I know how much effort goes into filling a blog with a good quality contents and when I visit Marjie's website I cannot help the feeling that Marjie is one generous, hardworking and sharing individual that does a wonderful job bringing the crafting community together and providing endless inspiration for us all. I think it is time to give Marjie the gratitude she deserves not only for her teaching, her fantastic tutorials, her colourful artworks and talent demonstrated in each and one of them, but also for all her efforts to get many like-minded people together through all her hard work and passion. 

Thank you for being so wonderful, Marjie, and thank you for sharing with us here today! 

This months theme is 'Bright Colours' and Marjie has kindly made her creation to coincide with our theme! This should definitely get your creative juices flowing and stimulate your senses! 




It’s a pleasure to be invited as your guest designer this month. I live in New York with my husband of 20 years and our two teenage boys. When I heard the theme of ‘bright colors’ I turned straight to my Ranger distress inks and got started on a spread in my art journal. I love building up color with multiple layers, and I teach classes on this topic online as well as nationwide in the US. I hope you’ll take a moment to visit my site and say hello. You can also find me on all the social media platforms. I’m looking forward to seeing all the creations on this theme!

Thank you for your visit! I do hope you enjoyed your stay! :) There's more to come so join and re-visit soon! 

All the best, 

Ingrid xxx





25 comments:

  1. Dear me... no small wonder that you teach classes in building up color with multiple layers Marjie. Heheheh - I need to be a student - that's for sure!!! This is just INCREDIBLE. Riding a bike is rather like you message here… the world speeds by in bright colors and designs and we are on a great adventure to wander and explore the unknown!!! These colors and patterns are just sooooooooooooooooooo wonderful. Love this. j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joi! Love your analogy about the bike and the great unknown.

      Delete
  2. Marjie is a talented artist and a wonderful person. So happy to see her spotlighted here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Seth. It's an honor to follow you in this special guest spot.

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet Marjie! I will be sure to check out her social media places and blogs, tutorials etc. Awesome sauce! This is a lovely and cheerful LO! I can definitely see why Marjie is a certified Ranger Educator and DT for the CHA! Wowzers! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Bright Colors FREAK !!! Seriously, I live in a purple house. I think I may have to enter this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A purple house.... wow! Can't wait to see what you create, Libby.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous project Marjie, I am really loving your colourful page! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see Marjie her! I have taken a class and her teaching of her techniques is spot on fab! Congrats Marjie and Kudos Ingrid for showcasing such super talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..so wonderful project , I love the colours..and I inspired with your work .
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to see Marjie here!! She will bring a special energy to the group, as well as talent and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific follow up guest! Fantastic to see Marjie feature here - such a stimulating, fun and technically brilliant piece. It looks STUNNING! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Nicola, thanks for such kind words!

      Delete
  10. Hi Marjie - it's so wonderful having you join us at Mixed Media this month as our Guest Designer. Your work/creations are AMAZING!! I absolutely love the image at the bottom - it makes me want to find a bike and travel around a little. Your creations are truly amazing as well as inspiring.

    With hugs and smiles
    Laine K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laine. I am honored to be here.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for joining us here as a Star Designer Marjie, wonderful bright colours and fantastic layering is sure to get the creative juices flowing, loving all the words they really get your mind wandering :-) xxx

    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful response! Thank you so much for giving Marjie the attention she deserves!
    Thank you for joining us, Marjie! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x