Sunday, 15 March 2015

MMW Guest Designer #1: Pamellia Johnson


Hi there! 
Welcome back to the Mixed Media World! 
I have a very special guest here today. When I say special I mean exceptionally talented artist and a crafter and a sweet friend of mine - Pamellia Johnson. See for yourself.. 
*****

Hello Everyone! My name is Pamellia Johnson and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my wonderful husband and our two little girls, Scully (a teacup Maltese) and Pebbles (a black teacup Pomeranian).
I have been crafting in some form or another ever since I was a little kid, thanks to my very creative and talented Mom. I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts, but I think my true passion is handmade cards. I have only recently tried my hand at mixed media art, but I instantly fell in love with the messy side of crafting!
I am so thrilled and honoured to be here today as the first guest designer for The Mixed Media World. I am so proud and happy to support my good friend Ingrid on this new leg of her crafty adventure. In honour of this fabulous event, I wanted to do something inspired by Ingrid's amazing work, so I have put together my very first mixed media canvas. I hope you enjoy.
*****

Pamellia created a beautiful piece of art.. I would be so proud and honoured to put this up on my wall.. but I don't have it... Pam lives way too far from me and I can imagine it is already hanging up on her wall. It's gorgeous! What I do have are a few fabulous photos of her fabulous mixed media project and I'd like to share them with you today... 






This is mixed media at its best. This is mixed media with a beautiful feminine touch. The gorgeous textured background with awesome colour scheme full of grunge yet softness and the heavenly touch of white all over. I'm sure you will agree that this is on outstanding work of art. I love everything about it and I am so very grateful for Pam's hard work and all effort put into this piece. 

Thank you very much, Pamellia, for being a wonderful friend and for your input today. It means a world to me. 

With respect and love, 

Ingrid xxx 

p.s.: I've got some big surprise for you again next week so stay tuned! This one's gonna knock your socks off! :) 



11 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking and I agree Ingrid, I would love to have it hanging at my house too! Great job Pamellia...I am running short of words these days. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work of art from one of the best crafters out there ;)
    Big hugs to Pamellia
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous textures on this beautiful wall art piece, mind blowing job done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensationnelle! Awesome texture and color on this mixed media canvas. You couldn't have picked a better artist for this "grand opening". Congratulations, Pamellia, on your GDT! What a marvelous work of art...you are going to have to make a lot of copies to send out to all your friends! I, too, would love to marvel at this on my own wall! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this piece Pamellia stunning big hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Pamellia on being first guest designer with a beautiful project.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunningly beautiful. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Pamellia on being chosen as the first guest DT and what a gorgeous piece you created! Beautiful soft colours and amazing texture, it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamelia- this is just stunning! I love the color palette you have used! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pamelia - I am truly in awe of your work. The gorgeous colors and textures you created in your mixed media canvas. Your first one?? Well it's absolutely stunning!!!

    With smiles and hugs
    Laine K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x